Deep Zoom Tools API usage

Developer
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

A few notes on the usage of the Deep Zoom Tools API in this project:

• Do not use SurrogateImageInfo, use Image. I have created a patch to that effect.
  • DeepZoomTools can handle images downloaded over HTTP or HTTPS. There's no need to download them to local files.
  • DeepZoomTools can create the image and collections in one step. There's no need to call ImageCreator.Create first - just pass the list of images with the source paths directly to CollectionCreator.Create.
  • There's a FileNamingConvention enumeration that implies alternate naming conventions might be used. In that case, the two steps above are needed. The one built into DeepZoomTools is to use the same names as the source files, but add (2), (3) etc when the names are not unique.
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback. 

My goal for this is to make it eventually play nice with Azure Storage to store the collections and all the associated images. This is the reason that I left it a step by step process. I will be adding the ability to output to a MemoryStream instead of files so that you can easily push it into Azure Storage. Or perhaps directly to SQL Server.

Developer
Dec 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Note that deep zoom tools can already write to memory streams

Sent from a mobile phone

On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:57 PM, "billhgates" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

My goal for this is to make it eventually play nice with Azure Storage to store the collections and all the associated images. This is the reason that I left it a step by step process. I will be adding the ability to output to a MemoryStream instead of files so that you can easily push it into Azure Storage. Or perhaps directly to SQL Server.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I must of missed that... well I look forward to taking advantage of that very soon.

Also I will be building a wordpress plugin shortly that will build a collection from your blog as you create posts. I understand what the Deep Zoom Tools does but is there source that I can use when I port it to use the GD Image lib with php?

On Dec 7, 2009 11:09 AM, "DanCory" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sent from a mobile phone

On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:57 PM, "billhgates" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: > From: billhgates >...

Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pivotcoll...

Developer
Dec 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Source is not available. The file format is documented: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645077(VS.95).aspx

Dan

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 8:18 AM
To: Dan Cory
Subject: Re: Deep Zoom Tools API usage [pivotcollectiontools:77157]

I must of missed that... well I look forward to taking advantage of that very soon.

Also I will be building a wordpress plugin shortly that will build a collection from your blog as you create posts. I understand what the Deep Zoom Tools does but is there source that I can use when I port it to use the GD Image lib with php?

On Dec 7, 2009 11:09 AM, "DanCory" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sent from a mobile phone

On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:57 PM, "billhgates" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: > From: billhgates >...

Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pivotcoll...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pivotcollectiontools@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pivotcollectiontools@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com